Toys and Gifts Editorial Intern
Savvy Auntie | New York - Virtual Job
Reports To: Founder and CEO
Responsibilities: The Toys and Gifts Editorial Intern is responsible for managing and updating the toy and gift content on the Webby Award-nominated SavvyAuntie.com, known for its popular toy and gift ideas for children of all ages. The position reports directly to Savvy Auntie founder and toy expert, Melanie Notkin. Notkin will support content recommendations based on industry knowledge. The Toys and Gifts Intern will also be responsible for discovering and recommending children's toy and gift ideas.
The Toys and Gifts Editorial Intern is responsible for pitching and coordinating on-air TV toy guide segments as they come up.
The Toys and Gifts Editorial Intern is responsible for coordinating the annual Savvy Auntie Coolest Toy Awards program. This involves managing awards program entries and results. The Savvy Auntie Coolest Toys Awards are published in October.
Qualifications: • Current undergraduate or recent graduate
• Self-starter, able to work independently and meet tight deadlines
• Organized, responsible and detail-oriented
• Excellent writing, editing and copy-editing skills
• Able to navigate and publish within a content management system
• Understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• Avid consumer of online content
• Commitment to excellence
• Knowledge of current toys and gifts a plus
• Love of children and/or being an Auntie by Relation or Auntie by Choice is a plus
Tasks / Skills
- Social Media
- PR / Marketing