Blogger/Journalist/Writer Interns Needed
TheUrbanTwist.com | Other - Virtual Job
As a Daily Digital Magazine, The Urban Twist (www.theurbantwist.com) is revolutionizing the news by delivering real-time coverage, breaking news, analysis and opinion on the arts, fashion, dining, music, events, politics, sports and society in general. It combines a highly regarded editorial team with a cutting-edge Web and mobile publishing platform to offer unique intelligence and insight.
The Urban Twist does not simply report on the news that it covers, but also it fosters real-time conversation by encouraging their audience to participate in the discussions from within each post. The Urban Twist’s newsroom of experienced editors, photographers and writers are complemented by a stable of passionate contributors — all of whom bring insider expertise in each market The Urban Twist serves.
The blogger/writer internship will expose the intern to article writing following journalist style and techniques. Articles will be researched, written and submitted to editors for approval. Duties will vary according to availability of projects and student interest.
The ideal candidate must also be social media and web savvy as they may be also required to utilize various social marketing tools for marketing purposes.
This is a virtual position and could be done from anywhere. If you live in our area, we may require you to attend a couple company meetings.
- to research then write news articles daily. We typically require at least 3 short articles (300-500 words) a day, and articles vary in nature.
-to set up interviews with with celebrities and other people of interest that we would like to feature on site.
- to come with fresh ideas for other kinds of content that would be a good fit on site.
- to coordinate online marketing and advertising campaigns and update Web sites.
- to organize staff and campus coordination and community outreach.
- Ideal for candidate studying studying Public Relations, Journalism, English, Writing, or Marketing
- An interest in blogging, researching, and writing
- Should be internet saavy
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with blogging
- Experience with the Wordpress blogging platform a plus but not a requirement
Tasks / Skills
- Email Marketing
- Scheduling / Phone Calls
- Social Media
- Odd Jobs / Errands
- PR / Marketing